I would like to draw your attention to the following Sections of the Institute of Valuers of Sri Lanka – Law No. 33 of 1975 as amended by Act No. 9 of 2019.
According to Section 7A of the Amendment Act:
(1) The period of Membership of the Institute shall be one (01) year ending on the thirty first (31st Day) day of December every year and subject to the provisions of Section 22, be renewable annually
(2) Any member who intends to renew the membership shall apply for renewal not less than thirty days (30 days) before the expiry of the membership. i.e. Before 30th November
(3) The membership may be renewed on the payment of the prescribed renewal fee.
Section 7D. Any member of the Institute who fails to satisfy the Council of his Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in accordance with any scheme or requirement determined under paragraph (kkk) of Section 5, shall cease to be a member from such date as may be decided by the Council.
A renewal form is attached herewith for your easy reference. Members are requested to fill the form with the CPD details and send it the Institute as indicated herein.
Please, adhere to the following payment methods only, for the purpose of reconciliation of your payments.
1. By a personal cheque
2. Direct Bank payments – only via counters (not via Money Deposit Machines) or to make payments by cheques at the IVSL Office. Please refrain for making payments for more than one member by one cheque.
Please, make sure to state prominently in the Bank Payment Slip,
1. the name and the membership number
2. breakdown of the payments with the amount (e.g. annual membership fee, fee for the membership seal, payments for CPD events)
Please, send the slip by post or by hand to reach the IVSL office on or before 30th November 2020.
Bank Details are as follows.
Account Name : Institute of Valuers of Sri Lanka
Account No. 349700
Bank Name and Branch : Bank of Ceylon, City Office.
G J Sumanasena
Hony. General Secretary
Institute of Valuers of Sri Lanka
Renewal Application for Membership 2021 PDF
Renewal Application for Membership 2021 DOCX